Areas of educational interest: Skills-centered education, STEM, education technology, neuroscience of learning and character education.
Why I’m involved in EFF: To meet like-minded thought leaders and share views and feedback, and to build more momentum for the required changes.
Charles Fadel is a global education thought leader and expert, author and inventor, with several affiliations:Visiting Practitioner at Harvard’s Graduate School of Education. Visiting Lecturer at Wharton/UPenn ‘s CLO program. Member of the President’s Council at Olin College. Senior Fellow, Human Capital at The Conference Board.
- Vice-chair of the Education Committee of the Business and Industry Advisory Committee to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
- Formerly Global Education Lead at Cisco Systems, and its liaison with UNESCO and the World Bank.
- Board member at Innovate/Educate. Former board member at the Partnership for 21st Century Skills and Change the Equation.
- Co-author of a best-selling book titled 21st Century Skills, now being translated into Mandarin Chinese, Russian and Korean.
- Angel investor with Beacon Angels.
He has worked on education projects with more than thirty countries and states, both developed and developing. His work spans Schools, Higher Education, and Workforce Development. He has been featured by National Public Radio, the CBC, Huffington Post, and many other media.
Charles has been awarded five patents, and worked in the ICT industry (semiconductors, and systems) for 20+ years in his career. He holds a BS in electronics/physics with a minor in neuroscience, and a MBA in international marketing.